Kidepo River in the dry season, that flows from south sudan into Uganda.
Across the international border between South Sudan and Uganda is the famous Kidepo Valley National Park of Uganda, that is teaming with wildlife. There is only the non-fensed border between the two parks. Visit the Didinga Hills and Lotuke Mountains, visit the tribal people of the area. See our web page on this park.
Price - $2750 usd
Date April 11-17 and August 15-21 2016
Day 1 - Arrive on FlyDubai flight into Juba at 1445 from Dubai (Arrive into Dubai the night prior on Emirates Airlines). After Customs and Immigration in Juba, drive direct to our camp at Torit, that was set up the day before. Picnic Lunch and cold drinks aboard the vehicle. About a 3 hour drive depending on road conditions. Mobile Camp.
Day 2 - Drive to Lobira on the main road and turn south to Nagishot. Driving along the western edge of the Didinga Hills. About a 3-4 hour drive depending on road conditions. Pass through Toposa and Jie villages. Mobile camp for the night.
Day 3 - Drive to the border of South Sudan with Uganda, within Kidepo Valley Game reserve. Pass through Boya tribal villages. About a 1 to 2 hour drive depending on road conditions. Mobile camp for the Night. Explore the Kidepo Game Reserve. Mobile Camp for the night.
Days 4 & 5 - Explore the Kidepo Game Reserve. Same mobile camp for these nights.
Day 6 - Drive back to Torit 4-6 hours depending on the road. Mobile Camp for the night.
Day 7 - Drive 3 hours direct to Juba Intl Aiport for departure on FlyDubai flight departing at 1545 to Dubai, then connect onward on Emirates Airlines.
Nile Buffalo herd on the Uganda side of Kidepo Valley. The mountains in the background are south sudan.
Included In All Safaris:
- All meals during the safari, while in our mobile camp.
- All bottled water, sodas, beer(as long as it lasts), juices, coffee, tea and ice during the safari, while in our mobile camp.
- Individual tent with cot bed that has mattress, sheets, pillow (blankets or sleeping bags are not necessary).
- Mobile enclosed showers, towels and body & hair shower soap.
- Mobile enclosed toilets.
- All Park fees at $70 usd per day per person.
- Camera permit $50 usd and the costs to obtain the permit.
- Introduction letter to get your visa.
- Translators from the local tribal languages to English.
- Drivers/guides that are knowledgable about the wildlife and tribes
- Full mobile kitchen with chef and helper.
- Rechargeable Lanterns
- 4x4 vehicles from Juba airport to Juba airport. Most of the parks in South Sudan have no roads so we navigate by GPS when searching for wildlife.
- Laundry as weather permits.
- Armed Forest Rangers guides
- Ice makers.
- Shaded dining area with camp chairs, tables and lanterns.
- 220 and 110 volt Power takes offs to charge camera batteries
- Visits to tribal villages for photography and purchasing artifacts.
- Game viewing (most game viewing will be from the 4x4 vehicles, however there may be some short distance walking to reach particular areas).
Not Included in All Safaris:
- Airfare to Juba (see our page on this subject in this web site -"Flying To South Sudan")
- South Sudan Visa (see our page on this subject in this web site - "Visas, Entry Permits...")
- Entry letter to Board the aircraft to Juba (see our page on this subject in this web site) (the entry letter is not necessary if you have a visa)
- Any health expenses for illness or accident including malaria prevention, yellow fever innoculation, hospitalization, doctor consultations, emergency evacuation costs. Check with your health insurance if you are covered while traveling, if not we recommend you obtain health insurance while you are in Southern Sudan. See www.flydoc.org for insurance for emergency evaucation to a modern Nairobi Hospital
- Any costs for delays caused by airlines, weather, mud, political occurences, lost luggage. (such as extra charges for: hotels, meals, taxis, airline fees to change tickets)
- Any costs for rescheduling.
- Any costs for your arriving in Juba early or departing later of the scheduled dates.
- Hard liquor
- Use of SAT phone in camp $4 usd per minute